Thursday, August 07, 2008

Convert

What does light do? When you turn on the light in a room what happens? The darkness gets converted to light. To convert something is to change something into another form, substance, state, or product, to transform. This is the power of love. Love converts the darkness of anger and hate into the light of love and compassion. This is how Jesus changed the world.

Jesus once again addressed them: "I am the world's Light. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in."
John 8:12
"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house."
Matthew 5:14-15
We are to be light. We are to convert the darkness of this world into light. I wonder how we do this with the statements that I put in my blog yesterday? Can I really convert anger and hate of people, of terrorist, by joining them in anger and hate? Don't I really join darkness and any light I have gets converted to darkness. This applys to every aspects of our lives. Are we going to be changing darkness to light or are we going to let our light "be hidden" and converted to the darkness of the world's anger? When I hear people make statements like "I assure you that Christ would not turn the other cheek to terrorist of America's enemies" I just have to wonder how does that change the world? How am I giving the world light by thinking this way? We are to be love, kindness, and compassion. This is light. This light converts darkness. I do not convert anyone by joining them in their anger. I only join in anger and produce more anger. The real challenge is applying the words of Jesus to the time that you live in today. You can actually convert the anger, hate, frustration, and sadness around you by giving off your light. Do not hide your light today. Let it shine. Be kindness. Be love. Be compassion. Be Jesus.
Namaste'

No comments: