Monday, August 04, 2008

Complete Abandon

Oh to live this life with a feeling of complete abandon. To live life able to yield oneself completely with unbounded enthusiasm and exuberance. To fully know and trust that there is nothing to worry about and nothing to work for. This would be the feeling of living life in complete abandon. To allow yourself to stop striving and trying so hard and to begin to trust and allow. This is possible if we understand and know who we are and who takes care of us.

God can pour on the blessings in astonishing ways so that you're ready for anything and everything, more than just ready to do what needs to be done. As one psalmist puts it,
He throws caution to the winds,
giving to the needy in reckless abandon.
His right-living, right-giving ways
never run out, never wear out.
The most generous God who gives seed to the farmer that becomes bread for your meals is more than extravagant with you. He gives you something you can then give away, which grows into full-formed lives, robust in God, wealthy in every way, so that you can be generous in every way, producing with us great praise to God.
2 Corinthians 9: 8-11
God give in reckless abandon. Can God be trusted? If so, can I trust God and live my life with abandonment and not worry, or be attached to the outcome of my life. I no longer have to make my life turn out a certian way and be attached, or caught up with, making things happen like I think they should. I can enjoy the journey of life, with no attachement to my ego, allowing for me to enjoy each and every aspect of my life, each and every moment without missing out because my attention is on some future event. God is extravagant and I still doubt it. I miss out on so much in life because of my fear that "it will not come to me," "things will not work out," "that I am not worthy," "things never work out for me," and a thousands of other thoughts that only serve to hold me back from a connection with an extravagant God. Remember today that God is extravagant, reckless, and abandon in giving. Remove the fear that comes from needing to have things work a certain way, being attached to the outcome of things. Live in complete abandon to what will happen in life because there is a God who gives extravagantly with reckless abandon.
Namaste'

No comments: