Thursday, December 20, 2007

Realize

Do we realize that God is everywhere? Do we feel alone and that God has left us? Do we feel like God is so far away and that we will never be able to connect? Can we begin to know that God's spirit is everywhere?

They were calling out to each other,
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Heaven’s Armies! The whole earth is filled with his glory!”
Isaiah 6:3
Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit? to be out of your sight? If I climb to the sky, you're there! If I go underground, you're there! If I flew on morning's wings to the far western horizon, You'd find me in a minute—you're already there waiting! Then I said to myself, "Oh, he even sees me in the dark! At night I'm immersed in the light!" It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to you; night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to you. Psalm 139:7-12
These are two examples of how the writers of the Bible knew that God's spirit was everywhere! When we feel disconnected from God who moved? I would say no one has moved. God is right there and so are you. We do not realize that God is right there. We see God as this person who sits somewhere far away, watches us, judges us, extends His hands when he his ready, and comes only when we envoke his presence. However, God is right here, right now. God's spirit is with you as you read this, in your house, your office, in those around you, and with your thoughts. God's spirit is in me, in, in nature, the whole earth is full of God! We can attempt to escape God, but we cannot. We really just choose to make a decision to notice be aware of God' spirit. As David writes in the Psalm above God is everywhere and are we going to realize this and allow God's spirit to change us? I challange you to read all of Psalm 139 today. God knows you. God is as close as your breath. God is as close as your thoughts. God is everywhere you go everyday. The earth is God's and God lives here! Can you realize this today? Connect with God and worship today in each and every place and moment you have.
God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration." John 4:24
Namaste'

No comments: