Thursday, November 13, 2008

Host to God

What do you host in your life? What do you receive or entertain in you life? Is there anything that is holding you hostage? What are you manipulated by, not able to make your own decisions? We need to remember that everyday we have a choice. Everyday we have a choice to be a host or a hostage to something. How do we make that decision?

But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God's instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you—from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted.
Friends, this world is not your home, so don't make yourselves cozy in it. Don't indulge your ego at the expense of your soul. Live an exemplary life among the natives so that your actions will refute their prejudices. Then they'll be won over to God's side and be there to join in the celebration when he arrives.
1 Peter 2:9-12
We have been choosen by God, choosen for a purpose. We are to be the instruments, the host, to God. We are to recieve go and entertain God by living like God, using the gifts we have given to bring out the God colors in the world. What are these tools? I think that they are love, kindness, forgiveness, creativity, compassion, joy, peace, and faith. This allows us to speak out for him, to live like him, and to attract others to God.
We also have a choice to live for our own egos. We forget that we are not in this world to be home here. We forget that we are not to make ourselves cozy and comfortable. If we do we are indulging our self at the expense of who we really are. So we can let our ego control us by being worried about these things:
1) I am what I have
2) I am what I do
3) I am what others think of me
These are all identities we have with the world. These are all the things that we attempt to have so that we are cozy and comfortable in the world. We forget that we are spiritual beings, God's children, no human beings. When we are a hostage to ego, we are attempting to have an identity that will not last. So if I try to identify myself by my job, or your opinion, or the things I have - who am I when I lose my job, you do not like me, or I lose my stuff? I am a hostage to these things. I must have these thing to feel good, to feel better, and to be happy. I am a hostage to this world.
So today I will present you with a choice. You can live live with all the instruments that God has given you when you realized and changed from human being to a spiritual being. You can live with all the joy, peace, kindness, love, forgiveness, and compassion. You can live worried, frustrated, angry, sad, and depressed that you do not have enough stuff, you do not have the right job, or that somebody does not like you. Today you have a choice to Be a host to God or a hostage to ego. Come home today.
Namaste'

No comments: