Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wait

How hard it is for us to wait on God. I know I find it so hard to not jump ahead in my life and plan for things to make sure that they go good and not bad. This is when I find myself in worry and anxiety, in fear and desperation. I want to tell myself things like "it will never happen," "I won't have enough," "it is not going to work out," and "this is not going to turn out well, it never does." However, I must realize that I do not knot the future. I am only given this moment to live and I know in this moment I have everything that I could possibly need. There is no need for me to jump ahead of where God is right now.

"So don't get ahead of the Master and jump to conclusions with your judgments before all the evidence is in. When he comes, he will bring out in the open and place in evidence all kinds of things we never even dreamed of—inner motives and purposes and prayers. Only then will any one of us get to hear the "Well done!" of God." I Corinthians 4:5
We cannot jump to conclusions in our life about what will happen. We do not have enough evidence. As I have heard it said - none of us know enough to be a pessimist! This verse is certainly makes this statment true. We must learn how to allow God to work, not figure out how to make God work. God works as God wants. God promises to take care of his children. There is no need for us to move forward and predict the future for God. We need to allow God to show up and teach us, care for us, and make things happen that we could never dream!
Why would you ever complain -God has lost track of me. He doesn't care what happens to me"? Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening?God doesn't come and go. God lasts. He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out.He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts.For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall.But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles,They run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind.
Isaiah 40:30-31
Be careful this week to not get out in front of God. Wait on God. When we get out in front of God we get tired, we worry, we fear, we get angry, and we wear ourselves out! Wait, enjoy the moment you are in. You have all you need at the moment you are in, to think about anything further is getting ahead of God. This is waiting, this is not worrying - live in the knowing that God is here and you are complete in this moment.
Namaste'

No comments: