Sunday, January 27, 2008

Voice

"It's urgent that you listen carefully to this: Anyone here who believes what I am saying right now and aligns himself with the Father, who has in fact put me in charge, has at this very moment the real, lasting life and is no longer condemned to be an outsider. This person has taken a giant step from the world of the dead to the world of the living. "It's urgent that you get this right: The time has arrived—I mean right now!—when dead men and women will hear the voice of the Son of God and, hearing, will come alive. Just as the Father has life in himself, he has conferred on the Son life in himself. John 5:24-25


What voices are you listening to? Are you listening to the voice of your friends that say that to be accepted you must……….. Are you listening to that voice striving, trying and never measuring up to it? Does that voice leave you feeling angry, sad, depressed, frustrated? This leads to death, this is death. There is no happiness there. Are you listening to the world, the advertisements of this world? Are you listening to what you should look like, how much you should weigh, what music you should like, what you should eat and what you should not? Are you so busy trying to conform, yet telling yourself you are your own person that life is becoming way too confusing? This is where death lives. Or are you going to listen to God’s voice? The voice of God that says you are worth my son dying for you. The voice that says you are created in God’s image, you have God’s spirit in you, you are God’s child. The voice that says you are worth everything and that you are not stupid, you are not ugly, you are not fat, you are not unlovable. The voice that says you are the apple of the eye of the Creator of the universe. The voice that you listen to will determine if you experience life or death each day. Right now you must hear the voice of God that says I love you! When you begin to believe and listen to that voice you will have at this very moment the real, lasting life and is no longer condemned to be an outsider. This person has taken a giant step from the world of the dead to the world of the living!


Oh,what I would do to have the kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat I'm in onto the crashing waves. To step out of my comfort zone into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is, And he's holding out his hand. But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me. Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed. The waves they keep on telling me time and time again"Boy, you'll never win, you'll never win."
Oh, what I would do to have the kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant with just a sling and a stone. Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors shaking in their armor wishing they'd have had the strength to stand. But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me. Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed. The giant keeps on telling me time and time again"Boy you'll never win, you'll never win."
But the voice of truth tells me a different story. The voice of truth says "do not be afraid!" And the voice of truth says "this is for my glory." Out of all the voices calling out to me I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth.

Listen to the voice of truth today and everyday! Namaste'


No comments: