Saturday, April 26, 2008

What Are You Wearing?

What kind of garments are in your closet? I know that mine is full of jeans, t-shirts, polo shirts, and khakis. I really do not worry too much about what I am going to wear everyday to cover my body, but maybe I should. I usually allow someone to buy me close for my birthday or Christmas and I wear them if I like them. I rarely ever buy myself something new.
Most of you are thinking at this point, "this isn't too spiritual." However, I found this passage in the scripture that encourages us to think about the wardrobe that we are wearing spiritually, internally, and how it should effect our relationship with others around us.

So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it. Colossians 3:12-14
So what are you wearing? How often do we really put on things like compassion, humility, kindness, discipline, and love. All these things to me are a quiet strength. How I think about so often what I am putting on when it come to my spiritual life, me real life. Never be without love, it is the all purpose garment! If we put these things on our life becomes one of service each and every day. This is putting on Christ and having the mind of God. This is the wardrobe of God! So let me encourage you that in each of your actions today, think about what you have put on - it helps show others God. It is the image of God in us, are we wearing things that will let this image shine through or are we wearing other things like anger, bitterness, and resentment that kill the light of God within us? Give way to others in your thoughts and actions, this will bring compassion and an even temper. Love will shine.
Namaste'

No comments: