Friday, April 25, 2008

Carefree

How many of us live carefree? I think that it is not many of us. We think that we are doing something in life and that all of life's problems lay squarely on our back. We think that we must always be doing something to make life move forward. In reality, God's reality, we are not doing anything - we are all being done. God is the one in control. God is the one making life happen, caring for us, loving us, and being most careful with us. How easily we forget this and want to make our life move faster and quicker, thinking that we must arrive somewhere fast. The reality is that there really is no where to arrive there is no destination. We are here to enjoy life moment by moment.

So be content with who you are, and don't put on airs. God's strong hand is on you; he'll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you.
I Peter 5:6-7
God will make things happen for us at the right time - notice it does not say on our time, but the right time. Do we accept that the right time is when God determines? There is no way to make it come quicker, make it go by faster, or speed up the process. This would be like attempting to make the tomato plant you planted yesterday have a piece of fruit today. There is no way to speed up this process, you must just do the daily task that are required everyday to allow the plant to produce fruit when it is the right time. Our life is the same. We must do our daily task everyday to make life move forward, but there is nothing to do to make it move faster. Read the following nursery rhyme and think about it:
Row Row Row Your Boat
Gently down the stream,
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.
Here are the questions to think about for you. Whose boat does it say to row? How do we row our boats? Which way do we row our boats? How does this make us feel?
The boat to me represent our life. We need to row our own boat, not someone elses, and we do not let anyone else row ours. The daily decisions of our life, the rowing, is our responsibility. We do not need to let others tell us how to do it, or do it for others. We need to row at a gentle carefree pace, not is a hurry, not at a frantic pace missing life. Finally, we need to row down the stream, not against the current. We need to go with the flow and allow God to be most careful with us. When we row against the current, we have to work much harder, life is not carefree and merry. Row your life gently with the current of God's spirit. Allow God to care for you because the plans God has will bring a peace and joy that is beyond understanding, because we will begin to realize that the "stresses" of this world and our life are just a dream.
Namaste'

1 comment:

Kindyland said...

Hi, I enjoy your blog. I live in the Atlanta area myself -- waaay south of you, though. But anyway, I have Dissociative Identity Disorder, PTSD and probably some Borderline. I started seeing a therapist in Decatur. Within 8 months I was hospitalized 6 times and after she told me I made her have sadistic thoughts and I was emotionally blackmailed her, I overdosed twice in 2 weeks. Never had this happened to me before. I ended up finding a Christian therapist who has helped me SO much. She has grounded me and helped me find that place of normalcy I've been seeking. I don't know why I'm telling you all this. I guess because you're a Christian and it seemed like somewhat of a "testimony." I no longer have self injurous feelings or suicidal behvaiors. God can change you.... Kindy