Friday, January 30, 2009

Hostage to Hope

I am a hostage. I am a person who is confined. I hope. I wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment. I am a hostage to hope. I am confined to wish for love with the expectation that love will be fulfilled. When love is fulfilled heaven will come, heaven will be here. I am a hostage to wish that Jesus would be real in this world through those who call him Master. I am a hostage to expect that this will be fulfilled. I am a hostage to hope that I am called to be the life and light in this world because Jesus lives within me.

"I'm a hostage here for hope, not doom."
Acts 28:17
I am here a hostage for hope. I am here constrained by love. I am compeled by the love given to me, the life force of God, of Jesus within me to hope. I am forced to love because I have been loved despite any thing evil that is within me. I am a hostage to love that says that we are all on a journey together and that as a Christian I can make things better for everyone I encounter, no matter if they "believe" or not. I must hope that the people I know lives can change when they are loved. If their lives change so do those lives of those around them. If them, then the world. I am a hostage to hope that Jesus came to change the world no matter if everyone believes or not. What holds you hostage?
Namaste'

No comments: