Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Responds

How does God respond to us? What do we expect from God when we are connected in our spirit? Does God repsond to us? Is it what we think, what we expect?

anyone who wants to approach God must believe both that he exists and that he cares enough to respond to those who seek him.
Hebrews 11:6
So are we seeking God? I like to think that we need to think like God thinks. In scripture we are told to "have this mind in you that was also in Christ Jesus." I know that if we are seeking God that we are attempting to think like God thinks. Imagine if you were able to think like God thinks, what would you be thinking? Would things be so personal all the time? Would we care about what people thought about us? Would be think about the things that get us worried? Would we become angry over problems in relationships? Would we get upset when things do not work out the way we wanted them to? Would we care anything about oursevles at all? The mind of God is constantly creating, giving, and loving. I think God can only be that and if God is that then there is no ego. This is a hard concept for us because we all live with an ego that likes to tell us how important we are and how things should be.
However, if I am seeking God I hope I am taking on more and more of the mind of Christ, the way of Christ, each and everyday. This hopefully means that I have less and less of an ego and more and more think like God thinks. I show compassion, love, forgiveness, patience, peace, joy, and God responds. God repsonds because I connect to God, my ego goes away and I can clearly see and know God. God responds to my faith with reward, with the satisfaction of a life that can be lived in confidence, peace, and joy. This is not a self centered confidence, but a confidence that brings peace because I can know that there is something more important than myself. A confidence that comes because I accept that I am not in control and I allow God to unfold my life as the Creator will. God responds with peace that passes all understanding and I get worked into the most excellent of harmonies with life.
God responds, but just not in the way that we think God should. God does not respond with the killing of enemies, but with the satisfaction of making friends. God does not respond with giving me my every desire, but with feeling happy in accepting what I have. God does not respond with changing my circumstances, but joy in knowing that God has got this. God does not respond with revenge on those that have hurt me, but with the peace that comes with forgiveness. God responds and I find comfort, peace, love and joy. Let God respond by seeking God. Seek God and take on the mind of Christ, practice the way of Christ in every moment today and see if God responds with riches that cannot be measured.
Namaste'

No comments: