Monday, September 22, 2008

Abandon

Abandon means to surrender one's claim to, right to, or interest in; give up entirely. Have we really abandoned our life to God? Have we totally given up the right and interest in our own life? I believe that if we did we would find something that would bring us total peace and comfort. We work so hard at trying to make sure things go our way. We spend our days attempting to convice people of things using our own words, our own skills, and our own ways. However God ask us to surrender to the total mystery of giving up our right to our own life and find that things work exactly as they should when we do this.

I waited and waited and waited for God. At last he looked; finally he listened. He lifted me out of the ditch, pulled me from deep mud. He stood me up on a solid rock to make sure I wouldn't slip. He taught me how to sing the latest God-song, a praise-song to our God. More and more people are seeing this: they enter the mystery, abandoning themselves to God.
Psalm 40:1
We need to sing God's song, not ours. If we do we will find that we will be standing on solid rock and we will not falter. We need to stand quiet before God in our lives allowing God to do whatever God will. This can only happen by dying to ourselves, living in complete abandonment to God.
What actually took place is this: I tried keeping rules and working my head off to please God, and it didn't work. So I quit being a "law man" so that I could be God's man. Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that.
Galatians 2:19-21
Realize that your life is not yours and abandon it to God. It is not yours. God is allowed to do anything if we live this way. We will see God work things out and wisdom come to us that never thought we had when we live with the attitude that this is not our life to live. This is not our life to convince anyone with. This is the life of God to serve and live. It is here that we can have enlightenment, persuasion, hope, and be moved to action that changes the world.
Namaste'

No comments: