Friday, July 25, 2008

Help

Where does our help come from? Well no one can say it better than Jesus did.

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."
Matthew 6:34
Right now, it is all we have. Oh, how I trade the moments of right now to worry about the next moment and the next moment. Then I never really enjoy right now. We all live that way. We worry about what has happened in our past, or we worry about what may happen in the future, all the while the current moment is passing us by. I find that when I stay in the moment I am in and soak up everything about it, I find that those things that come later I may have worried about - get taken care of. How hard this is, especially when I am unable to shut of the chatter of the mind that worries about these things and defines myself by them. Meditation and prayer need take more of a role in life. We can never be satisfied by living for a future or worry about our past. The past cannot change and the next moment is not here yet. And what happens when we reach the moment that we realize our dreams? What moment is there to live for then? Live today in the moment that is the real help.
Namaste'

No comments: