Thursday, July 03, 2008

Call and Trust

I call to God;
God will help me.
At dusk, dawn, and noon I sigh
deep sighs—he hears, he rescues.
My life is well and whole, secure
in the middle of danger
Even while thousands
are lined up against me.
God hears it all, and from his judge's bench
puts them in their place.
But, set in their ways, they won't change;
they pay him no mind.
And this, my best friend, betrayed his best friends;
his life betrayed his word.
All my life I've been charmed by his speech,
never dreaming he'd turn on me.
His words, which were music to my ears,
turned to daggers in my heart.
Pile your troubles on God's shoulders—
he'll carry your load, he'll help you out.
He'll never let good people
topple into ruin.
But you, God, will throw the others
into a muddy bog,
Cut the lifespan of assassins
and traitors in half.
And I trust in you.
Psalms 55:16-23
The challange today is to call on God, then just sit back and trust. There is nothing else to do. All those things that are going on in your life that seem to be meant to make you suffer, God has it. Your life is well, and secure, and whole even in the middle of this perceived "danger." You have no control over others or the situations that you find yourself in. You have all the control over how you will look at and think about those same situations. Trust that God hears and sees it all, there is no reason for worry or anxiety. You are in the perfect plan of a perfect Creator. The troubling situations that you face now are as they should be. As I sit here and write this someone just called and confirmed this. They just told me that they were thinking "why am I in this situation and how did I allow myself to get here? This has changed for me and I understand that this happened so I could learn more about myself, change my life, and think differently." God is awesome! Giving me a call about exactly what I am writing about at this time to give evidence of the way that we can trust. There are no accidents, it is all perfect and as if should be. Call on God, connect in your thoughts, your prayers, your actions and be more and more like Christ. As you do this just trust that God is the one keeping you safe and making your life well, whole, and secure in the midst of "danger."
Namaste'

No comments: