Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Doing

So you have made a decision to focus on something, you decided what it means, now what decisions are you going to make about action. Are you going to give up or move forward? You see what meaning you decide your focus has will lead you to have a feeling about it. This feeling will motivate your actions. So to continue with the story about the family given food for thanksgiving, the person that focused on the fact that they had to be given food attached the meaning that they were worthless, they felt worthless and the action that followed was they left their family. It was the father who left his family after that thanksgiving day and was never seen again. The son who decided to focus on the fact that he had food, attached the meaning that people care, felt happy and thankful. This motivated him to feed others at the holidays and he currently feeds people in many different nations through many different foundations that he has set up. Powerful! These three decisions have the power to determine your destiny. You make them each and everyday without being aware. I am asking that you be more aware of how and when you are making them. Again read about Paul:

Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn't get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan's angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn't think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me, My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness.Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
Paul felt happy, glad, "good cheer." What decisions did Paul make? He decided to move forward and allow Christ to take over. There was no longer the fear, the guilt, the anger, - there were no negative emotions - that would lead to actions that stop us from moving forward and cause us to give up. Your "surprises" are opportunities for God to take over. They are chances for you to leave the left side chatter of your brain (see post on awakenings) and enter into the beautiful uncertainity of allowing God to live your life. In that uncertainty there is a peace so grand it cannot be expressed. However, most of us want so much to control our lives that we live in our left side chatter so much we must worry about every moment, thinking that we somehow are in control of all of this. We are not the author of our lives. We do make decisions. However, those are not decisions of control, but of how we will view our lives. There are decisions that let ourselves and everyone else know what our world view is. There is a God in control or there is not. Either there is a mean angry God in control that is out to punish me, so surprises become problems, that have meanings of my worthlessness, that lead to negative feelings, that leads to actions that make me stop and give up. Or there is a loving, caring God that is out to have a relationship with me, placed me here for a purpose, and is bringing that purpose to be. Surprise become opportunities, that have meanings about how worthwhile I am, that lead me to feelings of joy and peace that spur me to grow and action.
So you know have three decisions that you can use to shape your life. What will you choose to do with them?
Namaste'

No comments: