Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Analyze

We need to stop separating ourselves from things. We need not to analyze things so much. To analyze something is to to examine methodically by separating into parts and studying their interrelations. We need not do this when it comes to God. We all like to analyze what is happening - where does God fit in this, why is this happening to me, how could this happen, what is the meaning of this - on and on we go with this kind of analyzing of things and God. When we analyze things we have to separate them, pull them apart, and study each part. As a matter of fact, most things that we analyze that are living things have to die to be examined in this way. Jesus reminds us that we are not separate, but one with God.

"Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you. In the same way that a branch can't bear grapes by itself but only by being joined to the vine, you can't bear fruit unless you are joined with me.
"I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you're joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can't produce a thing. Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire. But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon."
John 15: 4-8
To analyze why, what, where, when, how and attempt to find all the reasons why separates us from God. Separate from God we cannot do anything. We pull apart what God is trying to do, we have to make our story work we way we think it should. We begin to examine, pull apart things and the life we have is dead. Or as Jesus says here "anyone who separates from me is deadwood." Find your home in God today, in God's word, in your everyday life and do not analyze it, just be. Live in each moment and do not analyze the why of the moment, just enjoy the beauty of the moment. Resist the impulse to analyze and separate yourself from God to make sure that your story is going the way you think it should. Stay home and allow. Stay connected, trust, believe.
Namaste'

No comments: