Thursday, May 22, 2008

Witness

What is the picture that we are allowing the world to see about God? Are we actually witness to the power and glory of God, the oneness of God, and the love of God? If we are then we have been given the same glory and friendship that Christ has with God.

I'm praying not only for them But also for those who will believe in me because of them and their witness about me. The goal is for all of them to become one heart and mind—Just as you, Father, are in me and I in you, so they might be one heart and mind with us. Then the world might believe that you, in fact, sent me. The same glory you gave me, I gave them, so they'll be as unified and together as we are— I in them and you in me. Then they'll be mature in this oneness, and give the godless world evidence that you've sent me and loved them in the same way you've loved me.
John 17:20-23
Are we "mature in oneness" as God is in the trinity? Do we give space for each other, point to each other, and become the servants of each other? If we did the world that does not know God and does not understand spirituality would see that they are loved by God. When we actually enter into a relationship with God, we must take on the "mind of God," "the mind of Christ" that scripture talks about in Philippians 2. We must become servants and allow others to be more important. This is the "glory" that Christ is talking about. This is what a "godless" world wants to see - they want to see that they are loved! They want to know that they can enter into a relationship with people and with God and know they are loved and served as they serve. As Christ followers, we sometimes do a very poor job and being a witness to our God and Christ glory.
Love and serve each other. Witness to the love that God has for all people. Show it, act it out in all situations that God makes available to you. This is what points people to God - not our acts of righteousness and avoidance of the "wrong" behaviors and things - but the servant attitude and love we have for all people. We act out God right in front of them.
Namaste'

No comments: