Sunday, May 25, 2008

Together

The air conditioner at my house has not been working for almost three days as I write this. The first thought that you have when this happens is usually something that you would not repeat out loud. However, I soon began to think about what would make this show up in my life right now, besides a busted compressor. I am a firm believer in there are no accidents. I am still a firm believer.

You were all called to travel on the same road and in the same direction, so stay together, both outwardly and inwardly. You have one Master, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who rules over all, works through all, and is present in all. Everything you are and think and do is permeated with Oneness.
Ephesians 4:4
They committed themselves to the teaching of the apostles, the life together, the common meal, and the prayers. Acts 2:41
This time has allowed for my family to connect with others like no other time in our life so far. We have spent the last three days just visiting with friends, being together. We eat, we talk, we share, we pray, we fellowship, and I hope that we become deep spirited friends. I heard this week that people in ministry should never eat breakfast or lunch alone. I think that should be a goal for all of us to spend most of our meals and time with others. It is what we have lost in our fast paced, distant, busy culture - just to be together. When we take this time, we find that we do have a oneness that permeates us all. We find that it energizes us like nothing else, and spurs us onto inspiration that we could have never known otherwise. Sometimes we like to tell ourselves that "others are not nice and just do not want to spend time with us." However, we may find that we are the resistant ones, unwilling to put into practice a spirit of togetherness and oneness. We may be the ones unwilling to reach out and make that committment to eat with others, pray with others, and just be with others. I find it inspirational, energizing, motivating, and awaking to be with together with others.
Namaste'

No comments: