Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Give

What are you willing to give today? No I am not talking about money. I am talking about your life. I think we have all seen, read, or at least heard this verse before:

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians 9:6-7
Most all of us associate this verse with the giving of money, and I am sure this is a practical application of this verse. However, I wonder how many of us actually are willing to give our lives away in service to others? Even if we are willing to give money away we are usually looking for something in return. When we serve others we, most of the time, are expecting someone to notice and give something in return. I wonder if we give love generously, without regard to the outcome of that giving, what would happen? I wonder what we would "get back" for loving with no strings attached? I wonder if we gave compassion to others, and just understood them, not thinking about what is right or wrong about them and their behaviors - I wonder what we would "get back?" I wonder what happens when we give love, kindness, and compassion sparingly? I wonder if we feel like we have to give these things because God is making us and "I guess I better, it is the right thing to do."? I wonder how our lives feel and operate when we are not willing to give?
This is not about just the giving of money, but of ourselves! We need to give cheerfully to others, not expecting anything in return, not being worried about the outcome of our giving. When we do this I know we will find so much "given" to us without us even asking. There will be a generous reaping of people being attracted to you, your energy, your love, your acceptance of them. They see God and know God. Love becomes real to you. Could there better gift for you to recieve?
Namaste'

No comments: