Monday, April 13, 2009

Spill Over

So Easter was yesterday. I can see through the reading of blogs, twitter, facebook, etc. that most churches seem to think that their services where wonderful and many people "came to know Jesus as their personal savior." I think that this is wonderul! I think that this is amazing! It is amazing that people come to church and can connect with God, understand who Jesus is, and find the love that they have always been searching for on this day. My hope is that this day will not end on this day. Real life will begin to take over again for most of us, and for most of those individuals who "got saved." Sometimes we all begin to wonder what that Easter thing is all about when life begins to stress us out and hurts, resentments, and worry regains its hold on us again?

My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: Just go ahead with what you've been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live him. You're deeply rooted in him. You're well constructed upon him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you've been taught. School's out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving.
Colossians 2:6
Do we "stay in school?" I hope so! I hope so, so that we can begin to "live Him." Getting saved is more than about some kind of insurance that I get to go to heaven. When I take on Jesus as my saviour, I am also saying that "the way that Jesus lived was and is the best way to live." I decide to follow that path, that way of living. I think it is wonderful that thousands, maybe millions of people "got saved" in churches all across the world yesterday. I also think that this should change the world because we all, new and old, begin to live our life in the same way that Jesus did and commanded of us. When we do this we are compelled to be thankful. Our life spills over in thanksgiving because living this way is so wonderful that this is all that can be done!
I hope that we all graduate from the school of just understanding and accepting who Jesus is and begin to live Him! What does that mean? Living Him for me to think and act like God acts. I will never be perfect at this, but I can do my best to be loving, kind, see the beauty in all, expand this to all I come in contact with, find abundance everywhere, be creative in all I do, and receptive to all people and experiences in my life. I will live out the lifestyle that Christ did, by being kind to all I encounter, loving them as I have been loved. This means in each everyday encounter or experience I have with people, whether I know them or not, I will think of them first and allow them to feel respected, loved, and appreciated. I will feel less than when I do this, but thankful and then gain their respect and love.
Just think if everyone lived out the way of Jesus and it spilled over to thankfulness! What a wonderful world this would be, maybe a little taste of heaven.
Namaste'

No comments: