Friday, April 24, 2009

Fixed Parameters

So what would this have to do with my relationship with God? Well lets define the term parameters first. This word means a set of measurable factors that define a system and determine its behavior. We do this with God all the time. We think that God can only work in certain ways, in certain place, and within certain rules that we have made. It is kinda like that "put God in a box" thing. We do not have any imagination. Our parameters are fixed. We think that God is not doing something because we are in one fixed position waiting for something to happen and God is doing something, just not where we are looking.
You see if I lost my keys and I limited my search to just my living room because that was the last place that I saw them, I have fixed parameters. My behavior and thoughts are only going to think about this room. I have limited my options. I am only going to look in that room and I limit my search, the available chances to find them, and become frustrated because "they just have to be in this room." However, if I am able to open my mind to the reality that they could be somewhere else, I increase the available opportunities to find them, increase my parameters, and find a solution - I find my keys. God reminds us that parameters to how God works are not fixed:

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.
Ephesians 3:20
So today and everyday, do not fix your parameters about what God can do, and where God is, and how your wildest dreams can come true! God is not fixed at one certian point in time, in one certain place, and only in certain situations. God is far more than we can ever imagine and does not live in a place of form, but of spirit where there are not fixed parameters. Trust that and begin to see God everywhere you look, get outside of your "comfort zone" and look for God outside of just that one room. Who knows maybe you will change your behavior and find more peace, joy, and happiness! Do not limit your options by limiting God!
Namaste'

2 comments:

Kym said...

Clint, I just wanted to tell you that I love the last line, "Do not limit your options by limiting God!"

I know we all do this at times, so I'm going to put it on my desk at work to remind me. :)

Thanks for the post and have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view