Thursday, April 16, 2009

Plug In

I found something interesting today. I heard someone today getting mad because they were at the library using the cell phone and they were asked to stop by the person working at the desk. I know that in libraries everywhere today there are these huge signs that say something to the effect "Please do not use your cell phone while in the library." Now is it just me, or should this person be able to say to themselves and the person reminding them of this - "oops, sorry I forgot," or something like this. They were actually surprised that someone would say something to them when they were not doing what was asked of them and they had a consequence for it - embarassment, being pointed out, etc.
I thought to myself, this is what I do with God. I violate the natural laws and rules that have been set up for how to run my life, and I actually get "surprised" when I feel disconnected from God, or feel like God could never be behind the things I am facing. I need to actually practice my faith. I need to actually follow the way of Jesus because it is the best way to live!
I do not need to return anger for anger, but when I do I am surprised that things are hard and difficult, that people do not like me, that I lose friends. I need to give my life away in service to others, but when I do not I am surprised that people do not want to help or serve me. I actually need to be compassionate with others, listen to, understand, and love them, but when I do not I am surprised that people do not understand me.
You see God has set up some natural laws that cannot be avoided, or skipped, to find a connection with God and a life of joy:


And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Hebrews 11:6
Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.
Philippians 4:8
"If you don't go all the way with me, through thick and thin, you don't deserve me. If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me.
Matthew 10:38-39
Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.
Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself.
Phillipians 2
I hope that we will avoid not see the signs that tell us what to do to have joy and peace in life, then ignore those signs, and blame God for not meeting us and blaming God for having consequences in life we do not like. You have a formula, use it and plug in to God. If I do not use my cell phone in the library, I have no consequences. I get to enjoy myself all I want in that place!
Namaste'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this post today, Clint. Just last night and again this morning, I prayed to be this kind of person. Looking at the best in others, the beauty, the situation they may be in at the moment and letting self go! Funny how God will answer your prayers with HIS words!
Thank you, Sandra Wells

Anonymous said...

Hi
http://www.printhousesigns.com/ - buy propecia
Propecia can also be defined as a synthetic antiandrogen.
[url=http://www.printhousesigns.com/]generic propecia online[/url]
S.
propecia pharmacy
A good amount of people have tried it and all of them have got good result from it.