Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Practice Real Love

So what is the practice of "real love?" I wonder if it is "real love" if we love those who are like us and those who are not like us we just say that we love, but would never really spend anytime with? I wonder if it is "real love" to say that I love someone, but then go no further in showing any action that could demonstrate it? I wonder if it is "real love" to talk about how we as Christians should love, but we reject others because they will not follow our directions about life?

My dear children, let's not just talk about love; let's practice real love. This is the only way we'll know we're living truly, living in God's reality. It's also the way to shut down debilitating self-criticism, even when there is something to it. For God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us than we do ourselves.
I John 3:18-20
Real love loves everyone, even if they do not live life the way we think they should. Real love just allows people and things to be the way they are not forcing anything on them. Real love allows us to not be so focused on ourselves so we no longer critized ourselves, but look to see how we can extend love to others. Real love extends kindness to everyone. I think that real love is put into real practice and not just talked about it among our friends and never really put into use. Real love loves depsite people being ready for it or not:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
That is a pretty clear picture of what real love looks like. I wonder if you, I, we are practicing this kind of love with all that we meet? If we did I wonder what would happen to us and the world?
Namaste'

1 comment:

Greg said...

Reminds me of an old song by DC Talk called "Love is a Verb". Great post Clint.