Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stoop

I love words that allow you to see a picture. Words that allow you to feel them. Words that allow you to hear the meaning and know exactly what it means. Word that allow you to actually have the experience of them. Stoop has meanings that offer these things:



To bend forward and down from the waist or the middle of the back

To lower or debase oneself.
To descend from a superior position

To yield; submit



To stoop is to live creatively. How many of us actually stoop each day? How many of us actually lower ourselves, descend from that superiour position, submit ourselves to someone else? This would be a very unique place to live from, a creative place to live from each day. It is what we are asked to do by our Master to fulfill his commands.



Live creatively, friends. If someone falls into sin, forgivingly restore him, saving your critical comments for yourself. You might be needing forgiveness before the day's out. Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens, and so complete Christ's law. If you think you are too good for that, you are badly deceived.

Galatians 6:1-3


We are so often deceived to think that we are too good to stoop. We think that "we are better than that", "we would never do that", and "there is no way that we could fall into that." I know for a fact that I will need forgiveness before the day is out. My son needs to forgive me for my anger this morning and not stooping down and serving him while he is getting ready for school. Instead of stooping, I am angry, in a hurry, and thinking about everything but this moment. I need to be critical of myself.

When we stoop down with people who are oppressed we begin to see into their eyes and their heart. We find out that we are just like them. We found out they hurt like we hurt, feel what we feel, and have been dissappointed just like us. We find out that we would want someone to help us if we found ourselves where they are. We truly find out what it is like to share burdens with someone. We do share them - everyday. We begin to see what the law of Christ is and how to fulfill it -


"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Enter, you who are blessed by my Father! Take what's coming to you in this kingdom. It's been ready for you since the world's foundation. And here's why: I was hungry and you fed me, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink, I was homeless and you gave me a room, I was shivering and you gave me clothes, I was sick and you stopped to visit, I was in prison and you came to me.'
"Then those 'sheep' are going to say, 'Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?' Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me.'

Matthew 25:34-40


Stoop some today. Yes actually bend over and get down on the level of someone else who is oppressed, feels oppressed, and needs there burden to be shared. Do not ignore. Remember that we are all one. We all have experience this life with the same emotions, thoughts, and problems. We may not be hungry right now, but we know what it is like to be alone. We may have a roof over our heads, but we know what it is like to be hurt. We may have clothes on our back, but we know what it is like to be abandoned. We are all God's children, it does not matter if you say that your are a Christ follower, God still created you. We are all Jesus in distressing disguises waiting for someone to share our burden with us. That is why I always end with

Namaste'

No comments: