Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Settle

Allow God to settle you. This is what I am saying to myself today - just allow God to settle you. What does that mean? Well settle means:
1) To put into order; arrange or fix definitely as desired.
2) To restore calmness or comfort to.
3) To come to rest
4) To discontinue moving and come to rest in one place.
I realize that I cannot settle myself, I have to allow God to settle me. God must put things in order, restore my calmness, and comfort me. When I place myself in the world of the spiritual and let go and let God manage the details of my life I can come to a rest. I can stop moving - in my thoughts and my actions - and I can rest in one place. When I live in the world of the ego, or the physical world, and I must put things into order resting is impossible. There is no way for me to be calm or to feel comforted because I am always having to "fix" something before I can be settled.

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
Philippians 4:6-7
To sit and be still with my God causes such settling to come over me. When I worry and fret I stop and become still. I think about how God is my friend. I think about how I have always been taken care of. I think about how God is full of abundance. I think about how much I have. I think about how wonderful things are right now. I forget the things that "might" happen and I focus on what is happening. I begin to feel whole again. I begin to feel my spirit advancing and becoming stronger. I begin to feel the light of God's love. I begin to know that everything is just as it should be. I begin to know that God is settling things. I let it happen rather than fight against it. It is wonderful to be whole and have a sense of God's wholeness. To not be seperated from God by my ego or my physical concerns.
Today, just allow God to settle things. Stop and be quiet. Stop and think about all the ways you have been taken care of. Stop and think about all the things God has given you. Stop and realize that you are really a spiritual being that will live forever. Stop and just feel the love of God showering you. Stop and feel your spirit taking over, advancing, and killing the ego. Allow Christ to settle you and know what wonderful is.
Namaste'

No comments: