Monday, June 16, 2008

Creativity

I had a wonderful thing happen to me the first day of vacation. My son told me what it was like when he was with God before he came into this world. I simply asked him to tell me what it was like with God before he came to be with us. His response was simply wonderful and creative. "Well, it was like being in outer space and God had hands like tiger paws, feet like fire, nose like smoke, eyes like trees with stones in them, a face like a beautiful angel, ears like a beautiful tiger and a belly button like flowers." He then proceeded to say, "and I was a tiger." I went inside and had him recite the same thing to my wife and wrote down as he told it again. Now I know this is a four year old imagination, but he gave such a quick response and his creativity is still alive within him that it makes me think if some of it could not be true. It also got me thinking about how we each lose our creativity as we grow older and forget what we really came to earth for.

Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don't be impressed with yourself. Don't compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.
Galatians 6:4
So today give careful exploration to your life and who you really are. We are really just responsible to be our best and to do what God has created us to do. If we caught up in being impressed with ourselves or our own success, or caught up in worrying what others think about us, we miss out on what we have been placed here to do. We cannot access our creative "juices" if we are concerned about these things. You see my son is just not worried about those things and he still remains this creative, wonderful human being. As we grow older though we begin to get obessed with our own success and what others think. We lose the truth that Jesus is talking about here:
But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."
Luke 18:16-17
Be a child today and just enjoy the wonder of it all. Be a child today and be creative and know that anything that you think about you can create in your life. Be a child today and do not worry about others opinions or your success. Be a child today and just be. Enjoy today.
Namaste'

1 comment:

Matt Roden said...

Great post. Love Grayson's story and the keys to remember about creativity. Massa Payne!