Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Let Go

We hear this phrase. We all have different ideas about what this may mean. For me it means that we need to let go of the need to control the outcome of our lives. When I worry it tends to be about my life is not turning out like I think it should. I am very attached to the outcome of my life and it must turn out how I think it should for me to be happy. I really need to let go of this idea and live in the present moment that I have. Jesus put it like this:

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"
Matthew 6:25-26
I need to renounce the need for me to make my life turn out the way I want. This is selfishness, this is ego, this is my attempt to control life. It brings worry, anger, frustration, depression, and sadness. Renounce this and enjoy life. Live in your moments, let go of the outcome of your life. Let God, the infinite organizing intelligence, order your life and care for you. Live carefree in the care of God. It can be amazing when we allow things to be and happen how peaceful we can feel. When we have to make the outcome be a certain way we feel pressured, hurried, angry. Then when it does not turn out like we thought it should and we worked so hard to make it so, it is a blow to our self esteem and ego.
Let go, renounce the selfishness that we want to live with. Live each moment serving God and others. Throw yourself into life allowing God to care for the future.
Namaste'

No comments: