Thursday, July 09, 2009

Train and Practice

So are you training? I know that I have lost my practice the last few weeks with what has been going on in my life. I stopped training and practicing putting together my thoughts and they have become loose and more automatic without my thinking about it. I have slipped on my meditations in the morning. You have not seen a blog in over a month. I find that when this happens to me I loose my sense of God. God is present, but I "forget" that and I think that I cannot overcome things in my life. I forget that I have the power to change my biology through practicing being aware of my thoughts, my self, and then being able to train my brain to think different things. I miss out on the truths of these scriptures:

Now pass on this counsel to the followers of Jesus there, and you'll be a good servant of Jesus. Stay clear of silly stories that get dressed up as religion. Exercise daily in God—no spiritual flabbiness, please! Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever. You can count on this. Take it to heart. This is why we've thrown ourselves into this venture so totally. We're banking on the living God, Savior of all men and women, especially believers.
1 Timothy 4:6-8
We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.
2 Corinthians 10:5
So today I will throw myself back into my practice. I will no longer be subject to the things that I am automatically thinking without questioning it. I want to realize God and I can only do that by using the tools that have been given to me - prayer, meditation, examination, being aware of my thoughts, reading, and giving of myself to others through compassion. These are the tools that will remove all of the "percieved" obstructions in life.
Namaste'

No comments: