Thursday, July 16, 2009

Friend or Servant?

So are you a friend or servant of Jesus? I know weird queston right? That is because most of us see ourselves as a servant of Jesus, but we actually are called to be friends. What is the difference?

"I've told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature. This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends. You are my friends when you do the things I command you. I'm no longer calling you servants because servants don't understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I've named you friends because I've let you in on everything I've heard from the Father. "
John 15:11-13 (The Message)
So which is it? Do we truly understand the way of Jesus? Do we truly understand that we are to love as God has loved us? God has loved us with a love that loves no matter what. God does not wait for us to change before love is given - love is given without question. Love is the way of Jesus. Love should be our way with others. We understand that the greatest commandment is to just love. We understand that love is the greatest attribute we could have. We understand that love is allowing people to choose to love God, to choose their life, and to make decisions about how they will live life. We understand that when we love like this - with no pressure to have to make a decision - people freely choose to love God. When we do not love - when we have to convince people and make them do something - people will not love God.
Today understnad what Jesus is thinking and planning and be a friend to Jesus by loving others freely.
Namaste'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice story you got here. I'd like to read something more about that matter. Thnx for posting that material.