Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wonder and Awe

How much of your life do you life in wonder, belief and awe? How often do we miss the things right in front of us offering the light of God into our lives? Today as you read this let this be your thought all day long - "I will live this day in wonder and belief, with my eyes wide open, allowing God to show me the light that is offered in every situation." All to often we live with our eyes closed to God being there. When we close our eyes to God being there by saying things to ourselves like, "I can't believe this is happening to me," or "this should not be happening," or even "I am so tired today," the light of God cannot penetrate our lives.

"Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar. If you pull the blinds on your windows, what a dark life you will have!"
Matthew 6:22-23
So today pull up the blinds in your life. Notice what you are thinking and how you are viewing your life. Are the blinds down and you are complaining about not being able to see the sun? Are you telling yourself that God "could not allow this if God loved me," or "I can't trust anyone or anybody?" If you are then your blinds are pulled down and no light will be let in. Live today with your eyes wide open in wonder and belief. Allow the light in, pull up the blinds and let the light of God fill you up! God is everywhere! Look for God and see your life fill up with light and energy.
Namaste'

No comments: